A house fire is an emotionally traumatizing experience. Having been in the fire restoration business for over 34 years, we here at Mihalko’s Fire and Water Restoration have seen house fires destroy freshly constructed kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels, home additions, and entire houses. It is a terrifying experience, and one that can make your life feel like its been flipped inside out. That’s why it’s important to know what steps to take following such a disaster.
Steps To Follow After a Fire
1. Re-Entry. Do not attempt to re-enter the premises until told you may do so safely. Fire’s can destroy the infrastructure of homes and ultimately lead to accidents due to collapses and falling objects.
2. Call Your Family. It’s important to call your family members immediately after a disaster. Letting your family know what has just happened and that everyone is safe will keep them from worrying and allow them to help in anyway possible.
3. Insurance. Next, you will need to contact your insurance company. Your insurance company will guide you through the next immediate steps of emergency lodging and living expenses. It is imperative to keep receipts associated with the accident for future claims.
5. Property Security. It’s important to secure the property of your home to avoid any future theft. Mihalko’s Fire and Water Restoration offers 24 hour emergency services and can assist in securing your property by boarding over windows and doors that have been removed.
6. Cleaning. A thorough cleaning of the house, as well as repairs of damages, will be one of your next concerns. As a fire and water restoration company, Mihalko’s can walk you through the immediate steps towards cleaning your home, cleaning your belongings, and making the necessary repairs needed to return your home to the state it was in prior to the accident. In the event that a water hose was used to extinguish the fire, it is possible that your home may need drying. This is another Mihalko’s specialty that can be utilized when restoring your home.
House fires can be disorienting. We here at Mihalko’s Fire and Water Restoration believe it’s our job to get you oriented and back on your feet as soon as possible. This is why when accidents happen, it’s important you call a family company you can trust. Call an experience fire and restoration service that has been serving the Johnstown PA, Latrobe PA and Altoona PA area for over 34 years. Call Mihalko’s Fire and Water Restoration for your restoration needs.