After figuring out the average cost of a kitchen remodel, you may realize that it’s expensive to remodel a kitchen. And while remodeling a kitchen is a great way to keep your kitchen up-to-date and inspirational, it’s not the only way. There are a ton of small renovations that can help spruce up your kitchen. So before getting those kitchen estimates, take a look at some of the ideas we’ve laid out below.
1. Peg Board. If you’re tired of having all of your kitchen tools sprawled in a drawer, try a peg board. Placing a peg board behind a kitchen sink, or even between a cabinet and countertop, is a fantastic way to keep your tools out in the open and organized.
2. Flowers. A small addition to a room, fresh flowers can make a big difference. Next time you buy flowers, instead of placing them in the sunroom or living room, try putting them in your kitchen. Fresh flowers placed in a vase is a beautiful way to liven up a room and inspire.
3. Paper Interior. If you have any extra wallpaper, lining the interior of a glass cupboard is a great way to use it. A wallpaper interior can help to add that extra spunk your kitchen needs. And if you don’t have wallpaper, extra gift wrap or pretty shelving paper can be used, too.
4. Baskets. If you have unused wicker baskets decorating your living room, bring them into the kitchen. Now, put those baskets to use and store your fruits, vegetables or more long lasting produce like potatoes and lemons.
5. Extra Splash of Color. An extra splash of color to an otherwise homogenous kitchen design is one of the best ways to give your kitchen that extra kick. Whether you paint the dull step stool a vibrant pink, or if you put a striped or polka dotted pattern on the inside of the cabinets, that tiny change can be the difference your kitchen needs.
When it comes to keeping your home fresh and inspiring, sometimes it’s small renovations that go the distance. And when it finally comes time to figure out how much it costs for a kitchen and getting those kitchen estimates, call a contracting family you can trust. Call a local general contractor that has been serving his neighbors in the Johnstown PA, Latrobe PA and Altoona PA area for over 34 years. Call Mihalko’s General Contracting for your home remodeling needs.