When the weather is cold it’s important to make your home feel warm and welcoming. And while this might draw thoughts of figuring out the average cost of a kitchen remodel, or how you can remodel your family room, there are rooms, like the dining room, that will often go neglected. A room in constant use, it’s important to make the dining room feel warm and welcoming for not just when hosting friends and family, but for everyday life, too.
Warm and Welcoming Dining Room
1. Rug. A great way to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere is a rug. Placing a nice rug under your dining room table can help pull the room together. And if your dining room is more of the modern style, a natural rug with handmade elements will balance the room and make it feel homey.
2. Couch. An upholstered piece of furniture can really cozy up a dining room and create an English cottage feel. Whether it’s two arm chairs at the ends of the table or a nice two seat sofa on the side, a piece of cozy furniture, so long as it’s the right height for eating, can really make a dining room inviting.
3. Outdoors In. Making your dining room feel sunny no matter the weather is easy. With yellow seat cushions or window curtains, and green topiary for a centerpiece, bringing the outdoors in can be fun and easy.
4. Rich Colors. A big dining room can be fun, but can also feel cold and isolating. To create a warm feeling in a larger dining room, paint the walls a dark rich color. This will help make the room feel a bit smaller and give that extra pop to any light colored hues or furniture.
5. Pinboard. There is nothing more personal and warm than a pinboard with photos of family and friends. Try hanging a pinboard on a wall in your dining room that works. It will provide for an unexpected charm and give guests something to talk about.
The winter in Western PA can be cold. That’s why as a home remodeling contractor, we here at Mihalko’s General Contracting know how important it is to make sure your home feels warm and welcoming. And when you’re finally ready to give your home the makeover it needs, call a family contractor you can trust. Call a local general contractor that has been serving its neighbors in Johnstown PA, Latrobe PA and Altoona PA for over 34 years. Call Mihalko’s General Contracting for your home remodeling needs.