This winter has been a long and bitter one. And according to Punxsutawney Phil (groundhog meteorologist) we still have a few more weeks of this cold season left! So, as we eagerly await spring, let’s consider some exterior renovation options for your home. Here’s a list of some exterior paint options that we at Mihalko’s General Contracting suggest mulling over before slapping on a coat of that same old, same old.
Choosing a Color
1. White. Regarded as the most popular color, white paint is a classic look that isn’t going out of style anytime soon. When you choose white, you’ll find that textures and shadows pop much easier due to its high contrast.
2. Black. They say fortune favors the bold. Black houses have been popping up more and more recently especially on homes with more modern and geometric design. Houses painted black allow the onlooker to take value of the architecture as a whole rather than the small details.
3. Gray. Strong. Stoic. Neutral. Coupled with stone, gray houses have the ability to announce their presence due to the differing shades that can create distinctive traits. Painting your home gray is appropriate no matter the style, age or location.
4. Brown. Yes, you can have a brown house without living in a log cabin. Brown houses in wooded areas look as if they grew from the ground. Much like the trees that surround them, brown homes tend to stand tall and confident.
5. Yellow. Encapsulate the summer sun with this energetic color. Soft yellows with white accents are often used on larger homes to make them seem less overwhelming. Yellow houses can be packed with personality and often act as a welcoming beacon to the neighborhood.
6. Red. It is possible to paint your home red without having it be mistaken for a barn. Red can be a bold choice and many homeowners tend to use it as an accent on doors, window panes and trim. Muted red on a wood shake exterior proposes a stunning visual without being too loud.
7. Blue. Bright and cheerful or dark and dignified. Blue can take on many different tones with its varying shades. Additionally, the architectural details of a home can really stand out with lighter colors against a stormy blue backdrop.
Find the right exterior paint color for your home when you talk to a general contractor you can trust. With Mihalko’s General Contracting you have the opportunity to rejuvenate your home and bring it back to life after such a drab winter season. And with our team of experienced painters, we get the job done quickly, professionally, and just how you like it. Having served the Johnstown PA, Latrobe PA, and Altoona PA area for over 34 years, when it comes time to paint your home, think Mihalko’s General Contracting.