Take a second before you start jotting down all of your remodel bathroom ideas. Put figuring out the average cost of a kitchen remodel on hold. Wait a moment before you begin to budget remodeling. When trying to keep your home fresh and clean, often all you need is a small renovation to help you reorganize. And where is the best place to start? Usually the messiest room in the house – the laundry room.
Laundry Room Renovations
- Shelves. The easiest way to organize any mess is shelves. Installing shelves above your washer and dryer will give you the room to move about and the spots needed to tuck away cleaning materials, as well as different odds and ends.
- Baskets. Baskets are great for smaller things like single socks and sewing materials. Add colorful baskets to spruce up the dullness of a laundry room and tuck them away on shelves or in their own designated floor space.
- Hang Rack. It’s common for laundry rooms to lack efficient hanging space. This often leads to clothes hanging on any extra space a homeowner can find, including door knobs, table corners and even ceiling lights. Installing proper hanging racks makes it easy to hang clothes up as soon as they come out of the dryer, as well as helps avoid the struggle of drying your clothing.
- Counter Space. Counter space in any laundry room is a must. Proper counter space grants the homeowner the necessary room to fold and organize clothes fresh out of the dryer.
- Hampers. Get a few different hampers and label them colors, whites, towels, etc. This will prevent dirty clothes from being strewn all over the laundry room, as well as help a homeowner better see when a load needs doing. And if you have a large family, consider labeling hampers with each family members name. This will help when it comes to the flow of laundry.
Laundry rooms don’t have to be the dreaded room of the house. Add a TV to keep one occupied. Keep the room cheery with painted shades of pastel yellows or blues. Whatever you choose, renovating your laundry room with a few of our tips will without a doubt keep your home feeling fresh and welcoming. That’s why when it comes to renovating your home, it’s important to call a contracting family you can trust. Call a local general contractor that has been serving his neighbors in the Johnstown PA, Latrobe PA and Altoona PA area for over 34 years. Call Mihalko’s General Contracting for your home renovation needs.