Winter is on the way which means your bare feet will soon be at war with your bathroom’s ceramic tile. When your bathroom is freezing, a winter morning can be a terrible thing. That’s why we here at Mihalko’s General Contracting are going to share with you some of our favorite ways to warm up a cold bathroom.
Warm Up the Bathroom
- Cozy Rug. Not all bathroom mats need to be tiny, fury rectangles. A great way to warm up a bathroom is with a larger bathroom mat. Use an oriental rug, or different rug, that is larger and covers more surface area. Lay it out with a mat pad to help it stay in place and your bathroom will be feeling warmer in no time.
- Heated Floors. It may be a bit more expensive, but it’s certainly worth it. If you have the extra cash when you’re remodeling your bathroom, consider heated floors. One of most luxurious bathroom add-ins, heated floors will keep your toes and feet toasty in the chill of winter.
- Towel Warmers. Less expensive than heated floors, towel warmers are an excellent way to ensure a warm exit from your morning shower. With a towel warmer, you’re towel has the chance to heat while you take care of properly waking up.
- Wall Color. The first instinct of many homeowners today is to have a bathroom that is white tiled and “clean” looking. While this is a nice choice, it’s not the only choice! Choosing to decorate your bathroom with vibrant patterns and warm shades of red, yellow and orange will help to make your bathroom stylish, while feeling warm and alive.
- Wood. Especially if your home is in the mountains, a cabin, or by the lake, this may be the right choice for you. A bathroom that is completely covered in wood will without a doubt give you the warm, cozy bathroom feeling you need.
- Antiques. A nice and affordable way to warm a bathroom is by decorating it with antiques. There is no feeling warmer than that of nostalgia, and having a bathroom decorated in nostalgic items will surely bring that warmth to life.
You figured out the average cost of a bathroom remodel. You developed the remodel bathroom ideas. You learned how to budget remodeling and then you moved forward with remodeling your bathroom. With all the hard work that went into it, you should be able to enjoy your bathroom no matter the season. When it comes to remodeling a bathroom, call a general contractor you can trust. Call a contracting family that has been serving the Johnstown PA, Latrobe PA and Altoona PA area for over 34 years. Call Mihalko’s General Contracting for your bathroom remodeling needs.