There are many different ways to update a home. And when you’re trying to remodel on a budget, you might think about how to fit in receiving a kitchen estimate, the average cost of a kitchen remodel, a new bedroom or some other interior improvement. And while these are all fantastic home updates, one that is also incredibly important and often overlooked is a simple paint job. As homeowners, we become wrapped up with large home improvements and will frequently forget about the quick and little home improvements that can make a big difference!
So, for the homeowner unsure of whether or not it’s time to get a paint job, we here at Mihalko’s General Contracting have developed a short list of reasons why you might want to consider painting your home!
You Need a Paint Job If:
1. Your home uses lead based paint. Lead based paint wasn’t banned until 1978. The reality of this is that if your home is older, the paint in your home could still be lead based! If you’re concerned your home might still have lead based paint, asking a general contracting company, like Mihalko’s, to learn how to check for lead based paint is a good idea. And if you discover that your home still has lead based paint, then it’s time to get a paint job!
2. The paint on your home has bubbles. If the inside or outside walls of your home looks like they have bubbles and blisters growing on them, it’s time for a paint job! Often these bubbles are caused by application of paint on top of still damp paint, or an application of paint during intense sunlight, which causes the paint to overheat.
3. The paint on your home has cracks and flakes. If the paint on your home has begun to grow cracks and lines, odds are the next step is flaking paint! Flaking paint is commonly caused by painting too thin, using low quality paint and painting on bare wood without priming.
4. You’re experiencing ‘chalking’. Chalking is when a fine powder forms on a paint’s surface. This is due to the paint trying to renew itself and excessive chalking can cause stains and fading! While chalking can be caused by using indoor paint on outdoor surfaces, or even spreading paint too thin, a professional contracting company will know to use non-chalking paint, as well as how to properly apply paint to your home.
5. If you want a quick and easy new look. One of the most common reasons to repaint a home is because the homeowner feels like it’s time for an update! After years of the same old thing, it’s common for homeowners to want something fresh and new in their lives, and a new paint job is just the cost affective way to satisfy that need!
When done by a professional contracting company, like Mihalko’s General Contracting, painting your home is easy, quick, and will add a fresh look and value to your home. This is why when painting your home it’s important to hire someone you trust. It’s important to hire someone who has been serving the Johnstown PA, Altoona PA, and Latrobe PA area for over 34 years. And it’s important to hire Mihalko’s General Contracting, because we’ll get the job done right!