We at Mihalko’s General Contracting have seen it all. And when you’ve been in the business of fire and water restoration for over 34 years, you encounter a lot of dangerous situations that people aren’t aware that they’re even living with. For instance, many of our clients are not aware that a handful of home fires are caused by everyday objects and situations like electrical appliances, electric wiring, an outlet or a junction box. That’s why here at Mihalko’s we have two Golden Rules:
- Remember to Unplug
- Get Inspected
While the causes may be different, anything that can plug in can catch on fire. Whether it’s an issue with old wiring, incorrectly installed wiring, or the appliance itself, if you keep it plugged in it has a better chance of catching fire. This is why it’s important to remember to unplug! Unplugging all small appliances when not in use and keeping an eye on whether certain plugs and outlets are becoming too hot, is a small effort that will prevent a major loss.
After a home’s electrical wiring is installed, it will usually be years before any homeowner thinks to take a second glance at it. And when they do, it’s only a small portion of them who will know what they’re actually looking at! So while it’s important to remember to unplug, it’s even more important to remember to get your home inspected. Getting a home inspection from someone you can trust is the best way to prevent any home electrical fire. And having a professional check your home’s electrical wiring will assure that your home is safe for you and your family to live in.
So, before you need to call an emergency disaster service like Mihalko’s General Contracting, do what you can to prevent an emergency disaster from happening. Follow the Golden Rules. Remember to unplug your appliances, and to make sure your family’s home is safe, call someone you can trust. Call someone who has been serving the Johnstown PA, Latrobe PA, and Altoona PA area for over 34 years. Call Mihalko’s General Contracting and get inspected!